Powered by Blogger

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Yes, I'm saying more about Eclipse

Watched the Blu-Ray with friends tonight, and I have to say, it was a mistake.  The high definition really brings the film's flaws into focus.  The stagy scenes seem much stagier, almost campy - I hadn't noticed this before (watching in the theater and my bootleg).  The ladies I watched with like this one the most of the 3 movies, but it's not my favorite. I think the first one improves when you watch it again, but the opposite is true with this one.  In all 3 films, there is so much of the books missing, but the lost elements seem especially painful in this film.

Even worse is Kristen Stewart's wigs.  People always complain about her hair, but honestly, I never noticed it before.  It's so fake looking in high def, it's actually distracting.   Rob looks much better in the second half of this movie than the first, where his makeup, hair, and especially eyebrows are downright odd.  (I noticed this during previous viewings, but it's even more noticeable in high def.) 

My final complaint has nothing to do with the Blu-Ray, I've just had a chance to watch the extras.  So chintzy!!  A couple of extended scenes and only two deleted scenes!  Both are very good - one with Bella and her dad, and one with Bella and Angela, but they clearly filmed other stuff - they talked about it in the commentary - where is it?  The fans deserve more, IMHO.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home