Powered by Blogger

Saturday, April 10, 2010

First day & night



An early start, not my favorite thing, but what a day. A private fashion show at Saks Fifth Avenue before the store opened. (Did you know that their shoe department, on the 8th floor, has it's own zip code? Not sure why, just so they can say so maybe.)

We had a little time to shop, then back to the hotel for a gorgeous brunch - made to order omlettes and waffles, fruit, and even lox. Then we had a little time to head back to the store. I got an adorable gold purse for my outfit tonight (only $200!) and Larry got some sneakers (on sale!) and a man scarf (which he doesn't think he'll have the nerve to wear). We both tried on clothes, but didn't buy anything (I tried on a $600 Italian dress that looked wonderful on the mannequin, but I didn't think it was anything special once it was on me).

The ladies got our makeup done at the Shisheido counter - I looked amazing - subtle, but she really brought out my eyes - bang! I bought some eye cream (only $125). The perfume counter was adjacent and Larry let the woman talk him into two bottles of cologne. The prices are just breathtaking, but it's like Monopoly money, so it doesn't seem to matter, as long as we stay within the limit ($1000). Just to offset our extreme consumerism, we spent $50 on 2 tshirts, the profits of which are being sent to Haiti ("To Haiti with Love").

Then it was time to head back to the hotel to get gussied up for the New Year's Eve themed party. We counted down to New Year's at 8, 9 and 10 p.m. Wonderful food - lots of small salads (and other stuff I couldn't eat, like pasta). My gold dress was perfect, though the shoes did start to hurt my feet eventually. It was fun.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home