Powered by Blogger

Monday, May 05, 2008

"Panderer's Box"

I just don't know what to think. As I've mentioned before, I don't want to lose yet another election by running the wonky candidate who can't connect. Until recently, I thought that person was Hillary Clinton. But she's done an amazing job of rebranding herself as a populist (despite her recently released tax returns that show her and Bill to be multimillionaires).

But I feel very torn by her repositioning herself. What does it say that a Democratic candidate is appealing to traditionally Republican voters in places like Indiana? Is that a brilliant strategy or just surreal?

Why is Obama *accused* of only getting the support of the Democratic base, like urban and college town voters? Since when is running as a Democrat somehow a weakness? (And that doesn't even address how a man raised by a single mother largely in Chicago could somehow be branded as elitist, while a woman raised in a tony suburb and who currently lives in a tony suburb is somehow a Woman of the People - it boggles the mind.)

I don't dislike Hillary, but I find her approach to be odd. Why is she trying to win by being more Republican than the Republican candidate? I find it somewhat insulting.

The Daily Show nails it, as usual - watch the video "Panderer's Box"

http://www.thedailyshow.com/

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home