Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Hillary takes pandering to a whole new level

Speaking of sickening, I've reached my limit on Hillary Clinton, too. I was torn between her and Obama, even when she started going negative. But her blatant pandering on the gas tax is over the line, IMO. A leader needs to lead. Advocating a policy that she knows perfectly well is bad, stupid and short-sighted really disqualifies her for the top job. Suspending the gas tax is a terrible idea for many reasons, including that it saves the average family almost nothing and we'll just feel the pain that much more acutely when the tax is reinstated. Plus, even more offensive, is the fact that she jumped on this band wagon with John McCain. If she advocates the same policies that he does, what do we need her for? I don't blame McCain - he's demonstrated quite thoroughly that he's an idiot. But she actually knows better. Shame on her!

I have an idea, instead of telling voters what they want to hear, try explaining the truth. Try explaing why this, and releasing oil from the stategic reserve, are quick fixes that actually fix nothing. How about using the bully pulpit for a constructive purpose - to edify and educate. That's what a leader does.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Pacman said...

I agree 100%. I think this may be a first on the meeting of minds.

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home