Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Passing strange

Another update that I wrote to an old friend:

I am not sorry that I'm no longer married to Larry, but I must admit, I'm sorry that I'm not married - I liked being part of a couple. Especially, I'm so sad that we didn't maintain at least some stability for our kids - I thought we would be babysitting our grandkids some day, or at least be the house they came to for holidays. I'm troubled that he just up and left, just dropped us all (though he occasionally texts the kids, but they are not interested in his minimalistic idea of a relationship). That's seems so unkind - I thought he was at least kind. We could have remained friends, we were not fighting or really mad at each other, more like disinterested as the years had worn on. But he was so rude in his leaving and in the divorce (he told the lawyer I shouldn't get half the house as I never helped pay the mortgage - everything is a transaction to him I have come to realize). It's still hard for me to believe that I was once so close to him and felt so comfortable with him, that we created human beings together. Honestly, it still feel decidely weird, and a bit unreal, that it is all gone now.


 

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home