Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Chicken debut

 


Finally got the chicken yard situated - took 2 late night sessions, after the ladies had gone to bed.

I had gotten some fencing, but it turned out to be smaller than I expected, so they were free ranging for the first week. 2 different neighbors complained while I waited for more fencing to arrive; one called the cops, who showed up to scold me (and ensure I didn't have a rooster). Yikes! I thought people would be charmed, I am continually charmed by them (and their poop is free fertilizer!) Plus, they're birds! People don't bitch about robins on their lawn (or the many cats who wander the neighborhood).

Oh well. Now they are contained and hopefully I haven't ruined my neighborly relations permanently...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home