Powered by Blogger

Sunday, July 01, 2012

Latest movies

People Like Us - I enjoyed this quite a bit. It wasn't quite what I expected, but I found the acting to be excellent and the story quite affecting.  I had a couple of complaints: watching Chris Pine's character let his half sister think he was romantically interested in her was cringe-inducing and went on too long, and the adults' indulgent attitude toward the son's misbehavior was starting to annoy me; but the ending was so lovely and such a surprise that I'm willing to overlook these imperfections.

Brave - Again, not what I was expecting (the preview is a bit misleading), but a very good film, with gorgeous animation and a wonderful message, and, bonus, a terrific score.

Man on a Ledge - The first half is fine - intriguing, with lots of good performances, but the last 30 minutes are beyond ridiculous and ruin an otherwise entertaining movie.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home