Powered by Blogger

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Portion sizes

We stopped by Burger King tonight and I was rather shocked at the size of the medium soda.  The sizes seem to get bigger and bigger.  The other day, I took the kids to an ice cream parlor we had not been to before.  At virtually all of the places we go, they have a "kiddie" size cone, which is what I always get.  This new place only had hard scoop ice cream, and a "small" was actually 2 scoops (which I find has been typical for awhile).  I asked if I could get just one scoop and they said yes, but I had to pay the same price as a small.  I think that's so awful - what possible reason can they have for refusing to charge me a fair price for what is essentially a normal portion (which they don't offer). 

Here I am, trying to control my portion, my caloric intake, but businesses actually make it almost impossible to do so!  There's so much talk these days about obesity, and fast food, and all that, but businesses aren't doing anything to help the situation, whether they are major corporations, or mom and pop shops down the block.

Of course, I didn't get any ice cream at the shop, because I thought their policy was both unfair and foolish, and I didn't want to give them any of my money, let alone pay double for their product.  But what to do about this overall trend???

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home