Powered by Blogger

Friday, June 17, 2011

Anthony Weiner resignation

I'm so sorry to see him go because he was an important voice for liberal issues.  I really thought he would hold on, since he did nothing illegal, just embarrassing.  Several Congressmen have held onto seats despite their sexual shenanigans, and, of course, Clinton got reelected despite his. 

I heard some interesting discussion on MSNBC's Ed Schultz show, and their points made sense to me:

  • One person noted that the media frenzy seems to have died down and there hasn't been all that much interest in the story once the initial discussions played out, something I had been thinking myself.
  • Another person wondered why Weiner was pressured so much by the leadership - "he wasn't elected by Nancy Pelosi or Debbie Wasserman Schultz."  They also noted that even the president weighed in, and wondered why he would bother.

I would have liked Weiner to finish his term and let his constituents decide his future.  I hope he runs for office again, because he's young and I think he has so much to offer.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home