Powered by Blogger

Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Road to Oscar

Surprisingly entertaining SAG awards show, IMO. Some great speeches - Natalie Portman: "work hard and don't be an asshole" and Christina Bale: "a life without empathy is not worth living." Good stuff!


It looks like the actor awards are definitely getting solidified - I'd be quite surprised if someone other than the SAG award winners won on Oscar night (the two above and Melissa Leo and Colin Firth). I had been thinking that Best Picture was a horse race (between The Social Network and The King's Speech), but I don't really think so anymore - SAG went old school with The King's Speech getting the ensemble award - I bet Oscar goes the same way (I think the mean age of the voters is something like 70).

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home