Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Best Teen Fiction 2010

I got an email from Amazon with their editor picks for the best books, and I was a bit surprised that Mockingjay was not on the list.  But upon further reflection, I think they may be trying to highlight some good books that deserve more attention - I certainly plan to check out some of these. 

Editors Picks

1. John Greene
2. Jennifer Donnelly
3. Lauren Oliver
4. Catherine Fisher
5. Adam Rex
6. Pittacus Lore (James Frey)
7. Nancy Werlin
8. Phillip Reeve
9. Josh Berk
10. Paolo Bacigalupi

Suzanne sent me the YA fiction best sellers for the year from the same site, and there's no overlap.  Of course Mockingjay is #1 on that list.  And Stephenie is second (Breaking Dawn came out in paperback after 2 years as a hardcover - I bought it myself!)
 
1. Suzanne Collins
2. Stephenie Meyer
3. P. C. Cast
4. John Grisham
5. James Patterson
6. Richelle Mead
7. Candice Bushnell
8. Cassandra Clare
9. L. J. Smith
10. Maggie Stiefvater

ADDENDUM

A week later, Amazon sent me their Fiction & Literature lists (editor's picks & best sellers) and there's alot more overlap.  Somewhat surprisingly, the only book that interested me was #1 on both - Freedom by Jonathan Franzen.  The others just didn't seem like my cup of tea.  Oh well, guess I'm stuck with the teen books for now.  LOL.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home