Powered by Blogger

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Weekend movies

Alpha and Omega - the kids and I went to see this one in the theater and I have to say that it wasn't really worth $22.  Not a bad movie, but nothing special either.

The Informant - what the hell were they thinking?  I wasted two hours of my life that I could have spent watching something else, or even doing something else. Based on what must have been a great book, but did not translate into a compelling film.  I spent most of the time wondering how anyone could think these events could be funny, and the rest of the time wondering what the hell was going on.  Reminded me a little of Flash of Genius, about the inventor of the intermittent windshield wipers, which was a total snooze.  Just not entertaining and rather appalling.  Waste of a great cast too.

Blue State (2007) - sort of famous among those who are politically inclined, about a young man (the always adorable Breckin Meyer) who takes a road trip to Canada after Bush is re-elected with a young lady who is not who she claims to be (played with her usual intensity by Anna Paquin).  Not quite what I was expecting, but worth watching.  The second half was better than the first half - how often do I say that?  I hoped it would be a little more talky, but I guess it made the point in less words that I favor.  And the ending was nicely sentimental, that made it worthwhile right there.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home