Powered by Blogger

Sunday, September 05, 2010

Mad Men Season 4

Just loving this 4th season. Every episode is riveting and mind blowing. Tonight was the best yet, and that's saying something. The scenes between Don and Peggy were a revelation, literally and figuratively. I've been rewatching the encore every week, so that I watch it twice in a row (once at 10 p.m. and again at 11 p.m.), but I still miss things that various posters on the Basket of Kisses blog point out. Obviously it's not that hard to make a great TV show - why aren't there more of them???

ADDENDUM

The day after I wrote this, the latest issue of Rolling Stone magazine arrived, with a fantastic cover photo and excellent article about the show. I sat down to read it as soon as the mail was brought into the house - I couldn't help myself. You appreciate the show even more when you realize how unlikely and off-beat it was - even HBO had passed on it and most of the actors were unknowns (it's hard to imagine how Jon Hamm could have gone 3 years without a job - what a terribly fickle business).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home