Powered by Blogger

Saturday, September 04, 2010

The Ghostwriter

So disappointed in this movie. I had heard very good things about it, but I thought it was slow, super cliched, and predicatable - I figured out [SPOILER ALERT] that the wife was involved by half-way through, and I'm usually oblivious to these things. It also felt very derivative of State of Play (both the original British mini-series and the American remake) which was much more interesting and thought-provoking. Even watching the Making Of video on the DVD didn't help too much - I'm biased toward movies that come from books, but I thought they missed an opportunity with this story and especially with this cast.

Only up side is that I baked apple cake while watching, so I've got at least one thing done for erev Rosh Hashanah.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home