Powered by Blogger

Sunday, May 02, 2010

Finally!


Two very happy co-presidents, enjoying the election and passing the baton to the next group of officers.
The event was pretty much what I expected. We all got 3 lavendar roses, which was very nice. I had hoped (against hope) that there might be some acknowledgement of my efforts, which went well beyond the rest, but it was not to be. I was not surprised, but I have to admit, I was a bit disappointed.
Though several people approached me to tell me how impressed they were with all that WRJ has been and has done these last 2+ years, so that was wonderful. Being acknowledged by people I respect and care about is far better than some empty gesture from people who have made their feelings quite apparent.
And here's the icing on the cake - I didn't bring flavored creamer, as I have all year, because I was not in charge of the food this time, but I did bring milk, because I prefer it in my coffee. But when I went to get some, it was already gone because some asshole (I think I know which one) drank the milk as a beverage, so there wasn't any left for coffee. The perfect end to this 2 1/2 years - I go the extra mile, as always, but I don't get to enjoy the benefits, while others, who do nothing, do. Just epitomizes my entire experience with this leadership group.
I'm just so, so glad that it's over now. It's been so painful and so frustrating. I have learned so much about what I don't want to do and don't want to be. I'm glad I can just show up for the activities when I feel like it, like everyone else, and don't have to feel responsible, and don't have to feel so disgusted with what others have not done. Now, when balls are dropped, I don't have to pick them up. And next time, I'll put milk in my coffee first thing, so I don't get screwed out of that too!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home