Powered by Blogger

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Cancer

I almost cried when I heard that my friend Lisa was diagnosed with breast cancer. She's had her lumpectomy and is awaiting news on follow-up treatments (originally they thought it wasn't in her lymph nodes, but it was, so now she needs chemo as well as radiation). Every time I talk to her, I just want to bang my head against a wall. It took me awhile to realize why I was so frustrated with her having this disease. I think it's because getting cancer is such a humbling experience and of all the people I know, she is the least in need of humbling. She's just so nice, so completely unobjectionable, which I can't say about too many people. Not that anyone deserves cancer, but some people deserve it less than others.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home