Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Flying off to Dallas

I don't really like traveling. I mean, I love going places, I just don't like getting there. I worry before I leave - afraid I'm going to forget something important, something that won't be easy to replace once I'm there, like medications. And airline travel is no fun anymore - it used to be an adventure but now it's almost punishment - delayed flights, lost luggage and the aggravation of security.

And the food is such a hassle. I have to take food with me wherever I go, in case I can't find anything that I can eat when I get hungry. I ask for GF meals at the meetings, but I'm never confident that what they give me is safe. And the truth is, I hate asking - I hate explaining, usually to multiple people, what my limitation is. It's gotten better in recent years - people are more likely to know what I'm talking about. But it's still an endless pain in the ass.

On the other hand, I get to go somewhere new, and my office pays for everything. I get to stay in a nice hotel and eat mostly great food. And bonus this trip - I get to have dinner with a friend I never see and I get to expense it. What's not to like?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home