Powered by Blogger

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Great movie

I picked up this video, Cleaner, based solely on the cast - Samuel L Jackson, Eva Mendez and Ed Harris - but I had not heard of it before. Of course, my expectations were rather low, since it doesn't seem to have gotten a theaterical release, but it greatly exceeded them. It's a bit cliche, but I don't think that detracts from the movie at all. Excellent performances (including the girl from Akeelah and the Bee) and beautifully filmed. I recommend it highly, though not when you're in a dark mood - it's not a Feel Good movie, just a good movie, dealing with grief and trust and dreams deferred, all wrapped up in a fairly standard murder mystery. But not boring at all - very atmospheric and visually interesting and movingly portrayed.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home