Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Minyan for Noah

Tonight Rabbi Fellman came over to my house for a shiva minyan. Almost 20 people showed up, which I thought was pretty remarkable since several people who wanted to come couldn't make it. The rabbi conducted a short service and I spoke for a few minutes about Noah. Larry said there wasn't a dry eye in the house. As I was getting ready over the last couple of days, I was wondering if this was really a good idea, but in the end, I'm really glad we did it - it was meaningful for me and I think it was meaningful for the people who came, even if they had never met Noah. (It was a side of me that a lot of people have never seen; Bernice said she was impressed with my "honesty.") I was really touched by everyone's kindness, especially people I don't know as well, like Mike and Barb and Jim.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home