Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Natasha Richardson, R.I.P.

I feel so crushed by this. Such a sad and senseless loss. She was younger than I am! And her two boys will never be the same. This is a nice profile.

ADDENDUM 3/24/09

This essay in Newsweek made some good points:

. . . we learned that she waved away an initial offer of medical care after her fall, we understood. I'm sure that if one of Richardson's children had bumped his head she would gone to an emergency room immediately, and stayed for as long as it took to be absolutely sure that the boy was fine. But how many parents, if we'd taken a small tumble, would have looked at the day's plans and said, "No, I don't want to ruin everyone's vacation only to spend hours at the hospital over a minor bump. We don't have time. I'll be fine."

We find it easy to postpone our own doctor's appointments, but not the ones for the kids. We helmet them, but not ourselves. This is why airlines still have to remind parents to put their own oxygen masks on before they take care of the kids.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home