Powered by Blogger

Saturday, January 26, 2008

TV wasteland

My friend Terri asked me what I'm watching on TV these days, and the truth is, NOT MUCH. I prefer dramas to reality shows and obviously there aren't many of the former and tons of the latter. I've been watching many hours of cable news b/c I'm interested in the presidential election, but I'm getting sick of the pointless horserace reporting, so I've been taking a little break from the wall to wall coverage.

Larry and I watched Breaking Bad, which started on AMC this week, b/c I loved Mad Men so much. It wasn't as good as MM, but we both enjoyed it enough to continue watching.

http://www.amctv.com/originals/breakingbad/

Larry also found a couple of shows on the Food Network that are fun. They've gone way beyond just cooking shows now, though he saw the original Iron Chef, Morimoto, on the Iron Chef recently - we went to his restaurant in Philly once for a magnificent dinner. Anyway, the best show he's found so far is Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/show_dv

Larry loves Mythbusters, but I get bored with that pretty quickly, though I love the idea of it.

Mostly I've been catching up on videos, such as Wordplay, an adorable documentary about crossword puzzle fanactics, that I got at the local library.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home