Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Hardball is silly

I think of Chris Matthews as a pretty credible guy, though he's not my favorite or anything. He has a new feature on his show, The Number of the Day. Whatever. But tonight the number was 95 - the number of times Bill Clinton said the word "I" in the first 10 minutes of his speech in Iowa. So what? They tried to make it seem like he's totally in love with himself and that even though his wife is running for president and he's on the stump for her, it's still all about him. It was about the dumbest thing I've ever seen on a legitimate political show. Everyone starts lots of sentences with "I" - it's how we communicate - "I said," "I went," "I think." To read something more into it is really grasping at straws. And it felt very deliberate - undermining Bill and Hillary both with this interpretation. And most importantly, what does any of this have to do with The People's Business? How can we pick an appropriate leader if this is what the media is drawing our attention to? Odd and discouraging.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home