Powered by Blogger

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Movie chat


Watched Lions for Lambs last night with Frank and Matt. I liked it, I found it to be very intelligent and thought-provoking. I had pretty low expectations because much of what I had read said it was dull or just not offering anything new. I thought it was well made and well worth seeing.

In other news, just heard about a fun movie website - a sort of "Match.com" for movies! You answer about a dozen questions about your movie preferences and tell the site what you're in the mood for, and it offers you a movie title that you should rent (or several, if you keep clicking).

http://whattorent.com/

My suggestions included Amelie, Before Sunset, La Dolce Vita, and Best in Show.

ADDENDUM 11/21/07

Turns out that this site produces almost the exact same list of suggested rentals for almost anyone who goes there. Not sure why these particular movies are featured so prominently in their algorithm, but it makes the whole enterprise rather questionable.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home