Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Favorite movies

Matt and I were comparing Top 10 movie lists recently.  I suggested that you can tell a lot about a person by their favorite movie, or by their Top 10 movie list.  Not surprisingly, he didn't have a single movie in his Top 10 that didn't contain substantial amounts of violent death, even if he prefers brainier action movies like The Matrix and Inception. I think the defining qualities of my list include people talking to each other for extended periods of film time, and the complete lack of violent on-screen death (people often die in the movies I love, like The English Patient, but it's not usually violently, and it's rarely on-screen).  I would go even further, to say that my list is defined by not containing a single movie where someone gets punched in the face, while that occurs in virtually all of his favorites!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home