Powered by Blogger

Friday, May 13, 2011

"Wherever You Go"

Wherever You Go by Joan LeegantI finished this beautiful book by Joan Leegant last night and I loved it.  It was very cleverly written from 3 people's perspective, and quite effectively examined issues of American Jews' relationship with modern Israel without being preachy. I loved the way she included Torah and Talmud quotes here and there - nothing too heavy, just a few little jewels to make a point a bit more strongly.  And I loved the ending, it made me cry.  It's a book that will definitely stick with me, and it's one I will recommend to everyone.

Unfortunately, her only other book is a collection of short stories called An Hour in Paradise.  I'm not a huge fan of short fiction, but in her case, I'll make an exception and check it out.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home