Powered by Blogger

Saturday, November 27, 2010

The Walking Dead v. Mad Men

Entertainment Weekly's cover story this week is the new AMC series, The Walking Dead.  I knew the show was doing well, but on cable, that can mean 2 million viewers per episode.  Imagine how discouraged I felt to read that The Walking Dead is getting about 5 million viewers a week, which is DOUBLE the number of my beloved, multiple Emmy winning Mad Men

As I've said before, I think zombies are boring (generally, they seem to be an excuse to splatter the camera with blood).  Larry is watching the show, but I'm not, though I know the basic plot, especially now that I've read the EW piece.  I know that it's better than the average zombie offering (the cast and writing is quite good), but I'm genuinely surprised to find out that the show is getting such a wide audience.  And I'm bitterly disappointed that it surpassed (in fact, it lapped) Mad Men.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home