Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Banking bill

Brad, my favorite poster at Sadly No! made these succinct comments about the bullshit banking reform bill that is currently being considered in Congress:

At this point I’d rather financial reform not pass. Because if the Senate passes a bill that “the industry will love,” then it means we’re heading for another crash no matter what we do. And I’d much rather have the post-crash narrative be, “The government didn’t do enough to rein in the banks” and not “It’s the government’s pesky regulations that caused the banks to fail!”

Just to point out, dudes, I’m not really hoping for another economic collapse. I’m saying that it’s coming no matter what and we’ve gotta position ourselves to win the narrative battle when it comes.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home