Powered by Blogger

Friday, July 24, 2009

Day 2


Horrible day. Jeannie, Leo, Lisa and I spent the whole day going around and around on the phone, trying to make arrangements. The autopsy will be done today and Noah's body will be released. We're scattering his ashes in Madera Canyon, south of Tucson, next Friday night. Leo is convinced Noah took insulin when his blood sugar was already low. Jerry says it would kill him almost instantly. Leo says "death by mistake." It's just so senseless. We're all still staggered. I cried at the children's service tonight at the temple, just so grateful for my children and so sad for Jeannie who lost her child. It's the first time I've really cried, but not the last, for sure. People have been lovely. I've gotten so many kind calls and emails. Every life touches so many others.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

We are the aunt and uncle of Rachel Bash who live in Tucson. We had the pleasure of knowing Noah and having him at our home numerous times when Rachel was going to school in Tucson.
We are so deeply saddened to hear of his passing. He was a kind young man and we always enjoyed being in his company. We wish to extend our deepest sympathy to all the family and we hope you will treasure all your memories of Noah and a life that ended way too early.
Nancy and David Stoler

12:47 AM  
Blogger Glenn Swan said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

8:39 AM  
Blogger Glenn Swan said...

Danielle - not sure you remember me - as you were (and I guess we all were) quite young. My Dad was Dave Roddy. He and Hal worked together at the USGS (in Flagstaff) for many, many years. My Mom (Jeannie) and your Mom (Jeannie) were quite good friends.

I heard about Noah today. I am so sorry. I remember him - he was really young at the time, but he seemed like a nice kid.

Your family is in our thoughts. 35 is way, way too young. I'm sorry for your loss.

8:44 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

Danielle:

I just learned of Noah's passing - may his memory be for an eternal blessing... you are in my thoughts and prayers... please let me know how I can help...

Jim

6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home