Powered by Blogger

Monday, November 24, 2008

Twilight success inspires teens to direct

This is very good news - not only is Twilight a HUGE success, but the director, Catherine Hardwicke, sees great things ahead:

"I hope not just women but all minorities get enthused and encouraged by it. I look at the (Directors Guild of America) calendar, at the pictures of everyone that had different movies each month, and it's usually 22-29 different directors, and almost every month there's one female and maybe one minority," she said.

"We've been having a lot of events, talking to a lot of fans, and so many kids of course are madly in love with Robert but tons of kids of every kind (and) girls are coming up to me and saying `I want to direct now, I'm writing a screenplay now, you're my inspiration.' I think it's great that people are getting excited."

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home