Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Facebook has its drawbacks

Holy cannoli. My friend Terri talked me into setting up a Facebook page, and after I did, I figured I might as well be "friends" with the only other person I know with a page - Matt. When I get to his page, this is one of the recent messages on his "wall" - from his 16 y.o. sister:

Samantha Girard (South Brunswick High School) wrote
at 8:01pm on June 8th, 2008
ur step mom thing is a skanky bitch

She's just a silly kid, but it's a bit of a shock to be talked about this way, in a rather public forum. It seems like his mom, and therefore his sister, have somehow decided that I'm poisoning his mind against them, though nothing could be further from the truth.

I know the site is all about "networking," but getting connected clearly has a downside!

By the by, I thought calling someone "skanky" had fallen out of favor years ago! Nice to know it's still common parlance - such a descriptive word!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home