Powered by Blogger

Saturday, July 12, 2008

The double-click is a pre-requisite

I'd heard this story in various places, about how McCain can't get online, but I enjoyed the way it was presented on my favorite blog, Hullabaloo:

http://digbysblog.blogspot.com/

Surfing With Floaties
by dday

John McCain is aware of the Internets, but only dimly:

He said, ruefully, that he had not mastered how to use the Internet and relied on his wife and aides like Mark Salter, a senior adviser, and Brooke Buchanan, his press secretary, to get him online to read newspapers (though he prefers reading those the old-fashioned way) and political Web sites and blogs. "They go on for me," he said. "I am learning to get online myself, and I will have that down fairly soon, getting on myself. I don't expect to be a great communicator, I don't expect to set up my own blog, but I am becoming computer literate to the point where I can get the information that I need."
[ . . . ]
Getting online requires a double-click on the browser application. I don't necessarily need a President to be able to install the DSL system or a universal broadband card, but the double-click seems to me like a pre-requisite.

I apologize in advance for demeaning McCain's peerless, impeccable service to our country.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home