Powered by Blogger

Monday, July 07, 2008

Democratic Convention

OMG!! I can't believe this. I just realized that I'll be visiting my grandmother in Boulder while the Democratic convention is taking place in Denver. I already bought the plane tickets, though I hadn't even thought about the convention when I arranged the trip - I knew it was in Denver and that it was in August, but I didn't put it together. My uncle Alfred, who lives in Boulder and once ran (unsuccessfully) for city council, says he can score us tickets to the big Barack acceptance speech at Mile High Stadium (Invesco Field) on Thursday night (we're there Tuesday through Saturday) - it's all who you know, right?!

Here's a map with the stadium

It certainly feels serendipitous that I'll be 28 miles away (I checked Google maps!) - I didn't plan it, yet I couldn't have planned it better. What could be more thrilling for a hard core political junkie? It may end up being a high point of my life, at least as far as my obsession with politics is concerned. It's HISTORY in the making. Sort of mind-boggling actually.

And get this:

Obama's speech on August 28 will be on the 45th anniversary of Martin Luther King's historic "I Have a Dream" address in Washington.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home