Powered by Blogger

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Holding for ransom

I got steamed when I heard on Morning Joe on MSNBC that Hillary's campaign is claiming that Obama won't get her voters' support unless the two campaigns can come to an arrangement regarding help with paying Hillary's $20 MILLION plus campaign debt. I'm sure this is exactly the sort of back room dealing that goes on in politics all the time and the unseemliness of it is exactly why the average voter has no idea that it's happening. I did wonder exactly how Hillary is going to notify her supporters that she's gotten adequate pay off, er, I mean, assistance, that they are now free to vote for Obama. Doesn't seem likely somehow. Is this what's we've come to? Makes me so proud to be a Democrat (NOT!)

P.S. It's illegal for his campaign to just give money to her campaign, and asking donors to give to her when Obama's campaign, and especially the DNC, need the money, is a tough choice too:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/10/us/politics/10clinton.html

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home