Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Mini Super Tuesday

Yesterday someone asked me "What do you think is going to happen?" and I said, "I have no idea!" So I asked my politically-savvy friend Mary. This is what she said today:

I should have gone with, "I have no idea!" Although I wasn't THAT far off - I did think Obama would take Texas. On the NAFTA thing, however, I have come to the conclusion that you're right - and I didn't read enough about it before responding yesterday. I'm reading stuff now about how Obama had this aura of integrity, and then this double-talk thing burst the bubble for him in Ohio. And it came from someone in his own campaign - ouch.

I'm looking for CHANGE from the old way of doing things - Obama talks the talk, and does it very well indeed, but I think the down time between primaries let some wind out of his sails. If Clinton continues on the trail she blazed last night and is able to pull this out (FAIRLY), then we'll indeed have change - from Bush and other white men running the country, most certainly - but will it be as profound a change as I'd like it to be? We'll wait and see! Just having Bush out of office will be the best change!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home