Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Star Struck

I just got back from seeing the Oscar-nominated Animated Shorts at the (Pico Blvd) Landmark Theater in L.A. It was fun, but what was really cool was that there was a directors seminar going on in the theater. I saw one of the attendees in the bathroom afterward and asked her what movie they had seen. Turns out, it was a panel of directors - Jason Reitman (Juno), Julian Schabel (Diving Bell) and Tamara Jenkins (The Savages). I hung around in the lobby for a bit, hoping to catch a glimpse, but they probably went out a back door. What fun though, to have them all right there in the next room.

Side note: I tried to do a double feature, but they have too much staff hanging about and the two movies I wanted to see that were playing there (In Bruges and The Band's Visit; Persepolis was pre-empted by the seminar) were downstairs while the Shorts had been upstairs. Oh well.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home