Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

The triumph of democracy

I was at a meeting at the synagogue instead of camped in front of cable news all evening, so when I got in my car at 9:30 p.m. and put on the news, I was SCREAMING - I'm thrilled that the pundits were wrong because (a) the voters should get to decide, not the pundits, and (b) it's still a real race, which is good for the country, IMO.

It probably couldn't happen anywhere but New Hampshire, because they pride themselves on their independence - looks like they agreed with me and didn't want the pundits telling them who they were going to vote for. There may have been some sympathy vote too - I know I felt it myself - I love Obama, but I felt really bad for Hillary when she was considered finished after a poor showing in just one small election (and bad poll numbers). Maybe her show of emotion helped her too, hard to know for sure.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger 1anonymousmom said...

i'm happy yr girl won in NH. i have always figured it would be between her and obama.

9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home