Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Colorado shooter was bi-sexual

I heard about this today quite by accident. He was kicked out of the seminary because of it. I wonder if this will get any traction in the mainstream press. And I wonder if the fact that he was gay will be played up in explaining his violent rampage.

http://www.myfoxcolorado.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=5245270&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

Church Shooting Gunman's Writings Reveal Inner Struggle
Monday, 17 Dec 2007


DENVER - On-line postings from a man believed to be 24 year old Matthew Murray reveal an angry, depressed young man struggling to fit in.

And now, FOX 31, with help from Westword Magazine, has discovered postings that reveal new information about Murray's possible sexual orientation.

Last summer, he wrote, "People like us are going to go to hell, according to Christians." He lists several reasons why. Reason number seven is bluntly stated, "I'm bisexual." In other postings, Murray wrote, "... I can never get a female date. I am at least able to get some male action."

And later, he wrote about confronting his mother about his bisexuality. Murray wrote that he told her, "Using drugs, alcohol and having gay sex, I'm just trying to do what any Christian pastor would do. At least I'm not doing meth like Ted Haggard."

Mike Jones is the former male prostitute who exposed former New Life Church pastor Ted Haggard as a homosexual.

Jones says, "Many of Murray's writings are right on target. It is about hypocrisy. It isn't fair to forgive some people and not others."

Murray noted that the Church forgave Haggard. He posted, "I want to know where was all the love, mercy and compassion for my supposed imperfections?"

Murray attended YWAM training at Arvada's Faith Bible Chapel. Earlier, the Director explained they let Murray go from a missionary program because of what he called "issues related to his health."

Jones says , "The Church looks at homosexuality not only as a sin, but as an illness. And so immediately when I heard that, I went, you know, he got kicked out because he was gay."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home