Powered by Blogger

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Bill Clinton Criticizes Bush on Libby Move

My friend Russ sent me this article. I agree with Clinton that Bush and his admin think they're above the law, but I also think Clinton doesn't have much credibility criticizing them (with his, "it depends on what you mean by the word 'is'"). My frustration is with the people that were apoplectic over Clinton's crime (lying under oath), but are equally apoplectic about someone on their side being punished for the same thing. I wish I had a dollar for every time a politician or pundit said (while defending Libby), "there's no underlying crime here" - like getting a blow job was a serious threat to America? Below is the link and an excerpt of the article on Clinton.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/04/us/politics/04clintons.html

July 4, 2007
NY Times

Bill Clinton Criticizes Bush on Libby Move
By PATRICK HEALY

DAVENPORT, Iowa - In Iowa to promote the presidential candidacy of his wife, Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton of New York, Mr. Clinton was asked by a radio host, David Yepsen, “You had some controversial pardons during your presidency; what’s your reaction to what President Bush did?”

“Yeah, but I think the facts were different,” Mr. Clinton said. “I think there are guidelines for what happens when somebody is convicted. You’ve got to understand, this is consistent with their philosophy; they believe that they should be able to do what they want to do, and that the law is a minor obstacle.”

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home