Powered by Blogger

Sunday, July 01, 2007

Thoughts on actress Jane Alexander

I saw a preview for a movie called Feast of Love (which looks great) and it shows Morgan Freeman kissing Jane Alexander, which is significant for a couple of reasons. One is that you hardly ever see older couples kissing and you never see mixed race older couples kissing. But more significantly, I heard MF interviewed around the time that Nurse Betty came out, and he said that the kiss (on the cheek) that he gave Renee Zellweger at the end of that movie was the only screen kiss he had ever had. So how pleased are we that he finally has a romantic kiss in a movie?

But what really got me thinking was that my husband had no idea who Jane Alexander was and when I went to look at her filmography, I was kind of surprised at how sparse it was. Hubby said, "Oh she's a character actress," and while I suppose that's true, it doesn't seem right somehow - I remember really loving her and I think of her as being in lots of great movies (though Kramer v Kramer and Brubaker were pretty great movies to be in, even if they're the only ones!)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home