Powered by Blogger

Thursday, June 14, 2007

"Freebirth" movement

I came across this while looking for something else. I appreciate their attitude re female empowerment and all that, but since I had trouble during both my deliveries, this does strike me as a bit reckless. (My friend Stessa says they should move to Honduras or Somalia for awhile and see what real freebirthing is all about.)

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18817370/

'Freebirth' movement growing
Unassisted deliveries growing in popularity in the U.S. and Britain
Reuters
May 23, 2007

LONDON - They insist they’re no superwomen, they have no special powers, and are certainly not pain or adrenaline junkies.

But ‘freebirthers’ choose to go through what some call the most painful and potentially frightening experience of a woman’s life with no drugs, no midwife and no medical help.

Delivering their own babies at home, often alone, they dismiss what they say is “fearmongering” by doctors and midwives and confidently catch their offspring as they leave the womb.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home