Powered by Blogger

Monday, June 04, 2007

Desperate for a good book

I tried reading Atonement by Ian McEwan last week (the movie is due out this fall) - it's well-written, but so damn slow - I couldn't wait for him to Get On With It. I finally just skipped to the end to see what happens. Pathetic. My shelf is full of Important Books that I've gotten from friends, but they always seem like too much work (The Lovely Bones, The Year of Magical Thinking). Ignoring them, over the weekend I tried to read what looked like an adorable chick lit book I got at the library called The Spinster Sisters, but after a dozen chapters, I just didn't care, so I skipped to the end of that one too, and then took it back to the library. Damn it, Elizabeth Young needs to write some more books! I gave up entirely and have been catching up on Newsweek.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home