Powered by Blogger

Friday, December 24, 2010

P!nk does it again

I'm so impressed with her latest video - it's just a fun party song, "Raise Your Glass" - it even includes the line "why so serious?" - but she included strong messages against bullfighting and dairy farming.  Rock on!

ADDENDUM

Just a couple weeks after watching this video, I heard a song on the radio that sounded like Pink - not just the voice, but the gorgeous orchestral flourishes also, and sure enough, it's her new single, "Fuckin' Perfect" which includes these uplifting lyrics (obviously, the radio version leaves out the "f" word, but I like the song with it in):
You're so mean, when you talk about yourself, you were wrong

Change the voices in your head, make them like you instead
So complicated, look happy, you'll make it!
Filled with so much hatred...such a tired game
It's enough! I've done all I can think of
Chased down all my demons, I've seen you do the same

Oh, pretty pretty please, don't you ever ever feel
Like you're less than fuckin' perfect
Pretty pretty please, if you ever ever feel like you're nothing
You're fuckin' perfect to me

Reminds me a bit of Katy Perry's wonderful song, "Firework."  I sure do enjoy listening to these ladies belting out these positive messages - it's such a nice contrast to the constant barrage of crap about whores and hatred that flood the airways daily.  Apparently there's no official video yet for "Perfect," but I can't wait.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home