Powered by Blogger

Monday, June 29, 2009

I can't help myself - I just love politics

On Sunday morning, I collected signatures for Stephanie Miner and chatted with some cool "Valley" Democrats.

Then tonight I went to a fundraiser for Donna Marsh O'Connor, a MoveOn friend who's running for Onondaga County legislator. Listened to her strategizing with a rep from the Working Families Party (Hillary), who noted that they're trying to "flip the leg," i.e., make the Dems the majority party in the Onondaga County legistature - a goal I can get behind! Later our State Assemblyman, Al Stirpe, who hosted the party, joined the conversation. I LOVED IT! I just enjoy it so much - these people are smart and engaged in the process and know what's going on. It's SO refreshing compared to most of the people I interact with.

When I was leaving, Donna told me that the Dems are looking for someone to run for the seat that Kathy Rapp is vacating in District 5. Ha ha! I don't live in that district (I live in District 4), and I couldn't do it right now even if I did, but it was SURE fun to think about and even nicer to be considered. Maybe some day.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Pacman said...

You don't want to get involved in politics, if you do what is it you really want?

Democrats = Stealing money and lining their own pockets

Republicans = Cheating on your wife and having a mistress for crazy sex.

You wonder why with Republicans, it's usually f**king somebody that gets them in trouble. And with Democrats, it's usually stealing?

Republicans have money. Most of them don't need more. But thy come from uptight, sexually repressed backgrounds, and sometimes, they just go off. Democrats are looser about sex, but half the time, they used to be teachers or government workers, an they're desperate for cash. They see all that money up close, around the government, the lobbyists and the corporate guys, they can smell it, they can taste it, they see the rich guys flying to Paris for the weekend, and eating in all of the good restaurants, and buying 3K suits. They just want to reach out and take some.

I'm a crossover got my money and now go for the sex. :)

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home