Powered by Blogger

Saturday, April 18, 2009

New obsession

Am I a science fiction buff? Definitely not! But I fell in love with Battlestar Galactica, based on great writing, great acting and great storylines. Now I'm just as obsessed with Serenity. I heard about it awhile ago - heard it was terrific, and wanted to see it, but didn't get around to watching it until this weekend (and great irony - rented it more for my son and his friend, who both got bored and went outside to play while I was riveted). The writing is terrific and the casting is perfect (including a few familiar faces that surprised me). It's also an interesting and unusual story about how it came to be - Firefly was a short-lived TV show by Joss Whedon, the creator of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel (neither of which I watched, but I knew they had devoted fans). Once the show was cancelled, Joss Whedon put together a feature film, though it took a couple years, and that film is Serenity. I haven't seen the TV show (all 14 episodes!!) but I sure will watch it now (I already ordered the DVD from Amazon).

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home