Powered by Blogger

Monday, March 02, 2009

Living in the suburbs

Sometimes I worry about moving away from an urban area. Here's a story. Today I went to the bus stop (I take a commuter bus between work and a Park-and-Ride near my house) and two ladies who normally ride the bus were standing about halfway down the block. I thought it was weird, especially since it was freezing cold, but whatever. Sitting in the bus shelter is a youngish man, maybe hispanic, maybe light skinned black. When a bus comes (not mine) he asks if it's going downtown and I tell him that downtown buses leave from a stop around the corner. He limps off (this is the hospital bus stop after all) and as soon as he leaves, the two women come and stand in the bus shelter. I was flabbergasted. Were they avoiding him??? He hardly looked threatening. This is 4 o'clock in the afternoon, in broad daylight, on a busy street. These are my neighbors. Sad.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home