Powered by Blogger

Sunday, February 08, 2009

Stimulus bill partisanship

I find myself sort of ranting and raving about the stimulus bill to anyone I talk to about it. I'm just so mad at the Republicans for their smug righteousness and hypocrisy. Among other things, several of them required absurd earmarks be added to the bank bailout bill in order to secure their votes for it, and there was very little teeth-gnashing over that. Now the Repugs act like the sky is falling because of all the shameless padding of the stimulus bill. Of course I would prefer that the bill be perfect, but the truth is, this is the way that legislation is passed EVERY every time, and the Repugs are no more pure than the Dems - they're just more willing to stand in front of a microphone and express their fake outrage. Shut the fuck up is basically my response. Even if I object myself, I can't stand their bullshit and I end up defending the whole process.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home