Powered by Blogger

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Latest obsession

Holy cow. A friend loaned me the first 2 seasons of Battlestar Galactica on DVD and I've watched nothing else all weekend, not even CNN! Terrific cast, really compelling storylines. I'm completely surprised by how much I like it. I especially love all the strong, smart women - so many great roles for the ladies! Ironically, the final 10 episodes of the series will be broadcast starting in January. My father loved the original series, though I never watched it. Makes me want to go back and check it out, though I know it's a little hokey and dated, and totally testosterone fueled - in fact, the original Starbuck, Dirk Benedict, wrote a bitter essay, decrying the "feminization" of the new show - real neanderthal stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home