Powered by Blogger

Friday, August 01, 2008

Death Race 2008

I love Joan Allen. I mean, I really, really love her. If she had a Fan Club, I'd be the president. She's one of my all time favorite actresses. I've seen her on Broadway. I would see a film just because she was in it - that's how a big a fan I am (for example, The Contender, while not a perfect movie, is required viewing for anyone who likes political movies).

So imagine my surprise when I realized that she's in this. I like Jason Stratham as much as the next adreneline junkie (well, maybe not), but Death Race 2008 is basically a remake (or ripoff, depending on who you ask) of a cult classic 1975 action picture starring David Carradine and Sylvester Stallone. My point being, it's junk.
So tonight I'm sitting watching a movie ad for this crap and I say, "Is that Joan Allen???" (I'm rarely wrong). So I go check, and indeed, it is. Why is this Tony Award winning actress playing the warden in this cinematic masterpiece (though if anyone call pull it off, it's definitely her). Can anyone say "pay check"? Don't spend it all in one place, Joan. My conclusion: this is what actresses of a certain age are reduced to. It f-ing sucks.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home