Powered by Blogger

Saturday, April 05, 2008

"Fame, The Musical"


Tonight I got dragged (I wanted to go to the movies of course) by my friend Dawn to the college production of "Fame, The Musical" because her friend's godson was in it (he was the highlight!)

I thought it was a stage show of the original Fame, but it turns out this is a relatively new production with completely new characters and mostly new songs. Here's a review, which I mostly concur with:

http://www.thestage.co.uk/reviews/review.php/4174/fame-the-musical

The production was pretty bad - the acoustics were terrible and some of the singers did not project well. And I thought the story and the music were uninspired, though there were a few good songs. Overall I wish I'd seen Married Life or Stop-Loss - I'm not a fan of musical theater (I know, sacrilege!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home