Powered by Blogger

Friday, August 31, 2007

Psalm

A little something to start off on the right foot this morning. My friend Jan sent this to me.

* * * *
Psalm
by Stuart Kestenbaum
from Prayers & Run-on Sentences
Deerbrook Editions, 2007

The only psalm I had memorized was the 23rd and now I find myself searching for the order of the phrases knowing it ends with surely goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever only I remember seeing a new translation from the original Hebrew and forever wasn't forever but a long time which is different from forever although even a long time today would be good enough for me even a minute entering the House would be good enough for me, even a hand on the door or dropping today's newspaper on the stoop or looking in the windows that are reflecting this morning's clouds in first light.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home